Thermo Fisher Scientific · India
About the job
Department Just about anyone seeking published literature to answer research questions can type terms into a database and then hope to make sense of the information retrieved. But when done without the right knowledge, skills, and experience, such an exercise risks answers that are biased, confusing, incomplete, or wholly incorrect. This helps explain what makes Meta Research different. We offer broad clinical knowledge and expertise in finding and assessing complex information. This means our clients and Evidera colleagues can rely on us to discover, synthesize, and contextualize the data that really matter and thereby provide them with insights they could not have obtained by themselves. Here are just some of the things we help our clients and colleagues do:
- Understand new indications in context of specific product strategy
- Inform planning for primary research, such as choice of patient-reported outcome instruments and comparators
- Estimate clinical comparisons of products versus competitors
- Capitalize on existing research while assessing evidence gaps
- Provide information for value development planning
- Determine which databases have proved useful in target indications
- Derive model inputs
- Create burden-of-illness assessments for submission to payers
- Publish burden assessments for dissemination
- Populate dossiers
- Populate regulatory documents such as Risk Management Plans
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned) This role will provide scientific support to projects and begin to implement some tasks without supervision. Work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Activities related to evidence synthesis and review (in some cases, to be performed under supervision):
- Conduct literature searches in scientific literature databases (i.e., PubMed, EMBASE, Cochrane Library, etc.) and grey literature sources (conference proceedings, regulatory agencies). This could include helping to define and refine the relevant questions; identify relevant sources of literature; design, test and refine search strings; and organize the search yield within an appropriate project database.
- Review of abstracts and full-text articles against defined inclusion/exclusion criteria to assess their suitability for inclusion in the review
- Perform data abstraction and extraction (epidemiological and clinical data)
- Assist in the preparation of analysable data sets, tables and figures of analysis results
- Draft sections of project deliverables (e.g. reports, protocols, statistical analysis plans) and participate in abstract and manuscript preparation
- Depending on the skills and knowledge, participate in non-literature based research and consulting activities within Health Economics & Epidemiology (e.g., modeling and simulation, database analyses, strategic planning).
- Assist with monitoring of project progress (e.g. with regards to timeline and budget)
- Assist in development of project proposals (e.g. through gathering relevant material for inclusion, drafting background sections and helping to conduct scoping searches and develop project budgets)
- Participate in client meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Basic understanding of research methods and practical knowledge of research implementation.
- Educational background and experience in economics, biology, natural sciences, health sciences or a related field
- Focused on details with strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills including presentations
- Competent in written and spoken English.
- MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Education and Experience PhD or Master’s degree with 0-2 year relevant systematic literature review (SLR) experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years relevant SLR experience. Language Skills Competent in written and spoken English. Computer Skills MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel Company Summary Evidera is one of the preeminent commercial entities analyzing effectiveness, establishing evidence, and substantiating value of health treatments within the global health industry. Through its market leading portfolio of health economics, outcomes research, market access, data analytics and epidemiology services, it partners with life sciences organizations worldwide to optimize the market access and commercial success of their products. With an exceptional reputation and premium capabilities, we leverage our unparalleled knowledge of the global payer and regulator landscape and by developing, capturing and communicating the clinical and economic evidence that our clients require to successfully market their products. Our research and consulting services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities.
See All 👉Other Jobs👈in our Database