Staff Pharmacist Vacancy at Guardian Pharmacy of Kansas City | Topeka Metropolitan Area (On-site) 2023
Guardian Pharmacy Services, headquartered in Atlanta, is one of the nation’s largest and most innovative long-term care pharmacy companies. Recognized for providing exceptional client service and care, Guardian’s pharmacies serve long-term care communities and their residents in assisted living and skilled nursing, group homes, behavioral health, and organizations focused on individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
As medication management experts, we facilitate the full lifecycle of pharmacy administration and consultative services. Through our unique local pharmacy business model, we combine the personal service of a local pharmacy with the technology and resources of a large national support team. In this way, we deliver the highest quality care.
At Guardian Pharmacy, it’s about more than just providing medication, our comprehensive services ensure safety, healthier outcomes and reduce costs.
For more information about Guardian Pharmacy Services or to view available job opportunities, visit our website at www.guardianpharmacy.com.
See All Other Jobs in our Database
About the job
Lenexa, Kansas, United States of America Guardian Pharmacy of Kansas City is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.Job Posting
- This is a full-time position.
- Schedule: M-F rotating 8-hour shifts, and rotating weekends (Saturday and Sunday 1pm-6pm.
- Must have a valid Kansas Pharmacist license.
- Comprehensive training provided side by side with training team.
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, a matching 401K, PTO, and paid holiday
Ensure all prescriptions are filled according to order and regulations, accurately and in a timely manner and proper packaging according to facility.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
Essential Job Functions (include The Following)
- Accurately prepare medications for final dispensing to the patient, including filling, order entry, and packaging
- Review completed orders and cycle-fill medications to ensure prescriptions were filled correctly
- Verify the legality and pharmaceutical feasibility of dispensing a drug based on patients’ allergies, Incompatibilities with current medications, frequency of refills, etc.
- Interpret prescription orders, to include exercising professional judgment in determining whether to dispense a particular prescription, taking into account patient safety and legal limitations.
- Adhere to all Federal and State Board of Pharmacy regulations
- Adhere to all applicable guidelines for compounding
- Transfer prescriptions to other pharmacies as needed
- Answer questions from patients, doctors, nurses, etc.
- Evaluate inventory levels and place orders when below par
- On exception items, look up most cost-effective product to order
- Notify customer/facility if product is out of stock and when the order can be filled
- Restock station supplies as needed – vials, cassettes, labels, delivery tickets, etc.
- Oversee the work of all technicians and give feedback to their supervisor regarding their performance
- Log all error medication occurrences
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education And/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (Pharmacy) or PharmD. required
- State Pharmacist License required without restrictions
Skills And Qualifications
- 1+ years of related experience
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
- Medical consulting experience preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.
See All Other Jobs in our Database