HCA Florida Largo West Hospital
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Pharmacist today with HCA Florida Largo West Hospital.
HCA Florida Largo West Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Pharmacist. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Clinical Pharmacist to join our team. As our pharmacist you would provide clinical pharmacy services for all patients and ensures the safe procurement, preparation, labeling, distribution and control of all medications. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity.
Your tasks and responsibilities may include:
- You will coordinate and assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of clinical pharmacy programs to ensure clinical services meet the requirements and needs of the patient population and community.
- You will provide clinical pharmacy support and executes clinical pharmacy programs for all patient areas.
- You will review medication orders and quality of technicians work to ensure appropriateness of drugs ordered, dosage, route and interactions. Adjust medications dosage/schedule as appropriate for patient condition as per policy.
- You will ensure medications are safely dispensed to patients in accordance with age.
- You will closely monitors narcotic transactions by checking all controlled substances that are dispensed and reconciles the quantity/type of narcotics leaving the pharmacy
- You will assist the department in addressing physician consults as needed. Provide timely retrieval of reliable drug information from available sources.
- You will communicate effectively and works with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
· Bachelors of Science or Pharm D degree in Pharmacy from College of Pharmacy
· Experience as a pharmacist in an acute-care hospital setting or general pharmacy practice residency preferred.
· Current FL Pharmacist license or license eligible. Eligible to sit for North American Pharmacist Licensure Exam (NAPLEX).
· Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
HCA Florida Largo Hospital is a 455-bed statutory teaching hospital serving Pinellas County and patients across Florida. It is part of HCA Florida Healthcare, a family of more than 650 sites of care. It is the largest healthcare network in Florida. The hospital offers a number of specialty services. These services include advanced cardiac care ranging from minimally invasive heart procedures to heart transplantation. Also including complex GI services, kidney and liver transplantation, weight loss surgery, advanced stroke care, robotic surgery, and many other services. HCA Florida Largo Hospital’s Graduate Medical Education program is affiliated with USF Morsani College of Medicine.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical CompaniesÂ® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See All 👉Other Jobs👈in our Database