The Maharashtra Animal & Fishery Sciences University (MAFSU) was formally notified on November 17th, 2000 and was established under the State Act No. 1998 (MAH.XVII of 1998) on December 03rd, 2000 with its headquarter at Nagpur. The University has been carved out of the four Agriculture Universities in the state by transferring five Veterinary Colleges, one Post Graduate Institute of Veterinary & Animal Sciences and one Dairy Technology College. Although the University is in its infancy, the constituent colleges were quite old.
A walk-in- interview will be held at 11.00 hrs on 30/05/2022 at KNP College of Veterinary Science, Shirwal Dist- Satara, 412801, Maharashtra for the post of Senior Research Fellow (SRF) under ICMR funded research project entitled “Surveillance of Antimicrobial Resistance at Animal Human Interface in the Context of One Health” to be implemented at the Department of Veterinary Public Health, KNP College of Veterinary Science, Shirwal Dist- Satara, Maharashtra. The post is purely temporary and coterminus with the project and involves field work as well as laboratory work. Interested candidates having essential and desirable qualifications as per the amended ICMR guidelines should report with the application form and essential original certificates/testimonials and also one set of Photostat copies of the documents to this institute as per the specified time and date.
Name of the project : Surveillance of Antimicrobial Resistance at Animal Human Interface in the Context of One Health
Type of position : Purely temporary and co-terminus with the projects and subject to budget availability
Essential Qualification : M.Sc (Life Sciences- Microbiology/Biotechnology) degree holder with two years of research experience.
MVSc / MBBS / BDS /M.Pharma / ME / M.Tech. as per the ICMR Office Memorandum No. 2/2/2020-Admn.ll (E. office 121574) Dated 16.11.2021
Desirable Qualification : Having additional research/work experience and training in microbial sampling, processing, AMR studies and molecular techniques. Knowledge of computer applications and data management. Good Documentation and Communication Skills.
Upper age limit : 35 years (Relaxed upper age limit by two years in case of women candidates as per ICMR Office Memorandum No. 16/139/2014-Admn.ll Dated, 30.11.2018)
Total Emoluments : Rs. 35,000/- plus 16% HRA per month.
Duration of the project : 01 (One) year
Nature of work : Field and laboratory work (which includes sampling, microbial culturing, AMR studies, molecular analysis, documentation, etc.)
Place of posting : Department of Veterinary Public Health, KNP College of Veterinary Science, Shirwal Dist- Satara, Maharashtra
TERMS & CONDITIONS :
1. Eligible candidates has to submit application form on the day of interview in the attached format.
2. Candidates reporting late will not be entertained for walk-in-interview.
3. It is candidate’s responsibility to ascertain and ensure their eligibility as per the prescribed qualifications and experience. Any misinformation detected at any stage will make the candidates liable for legal action. At the time of document verification if applicant do not fulfil essential eligibility criteria, the candidates may be rendered disqualified for the selection process.
4. The Assignment will be governed as per the rules/instructions received from the competent authority from time to time. This appointment will not vest any right to claim by the candidate for regular appointment at the Department/ Institute or the university.
5. The contractual appointment can be terminated at any time by either side by giving 30 days’ notice or salary in lieu thereof.
6. The Leave entitled of the appointee shall be governed in terms of ICMR leave policy governing extramural research project as amended from time to time.
7. No hostel or any other accommodation will be provided by the institute / Principal Investigator.
8. The Prescribed qualification is minimum and mere possessing the same does not entitle any candidate for selection.
9. The candidate should bring along original certificates in support of his/her age, educational/ professional qualification, experience etc., two recent passport size colour photographs and one set of self-attested photocopies of the relevant documents failing which he/she will not be allowed to participate in the walk-in-interview.
10. No travelling or other allowances will be paid to the candidate for appearing in the interview or for joining the post.
11. Canvassing of any kind will lead of disqualification.
12. He / She is expected to confirm to the rules and conduct and discipline as applicable to the institute employees.
13. The decisions of the competent authority regarding the selection of the candidate will be final and no representation will be entertained in this regard.
14. The candidate should not have been convicted by any Court of Law.
15. In case any information is given or declaration by the candidate is found to be false or if the candidate has willfully suppressed any material information relevant to his/her appointment, he/she will be liable to be removed from the service and action should be initiated as deemed fit by the appointing authority.
16. The Competent Authority reserves the right of any amendment, cancellation and changes to this advertisement as a whole or in part without assigning any reason or giving notice.
Day and Date of walk- in – interview : Monday; 30/05/2022
Reporting time & place for the walk- in – interview : 11.00 hr; Seminar Hall, Veterinary Clinical Complex, KNP College of Veterinary Science, Shirwal, Dist-Satara, Maharashtra, 412801