Medical Information and Pharmacovigilance Intern (12 Month Contract)
- Mississauga, Canada
- Full Time
- Medical and Clinical
Posted Date: Oct 2 2023
(This is a 12 Month contract)
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
Our focus is on these three priorities:
Innovation: We invest in scientific and technical excellence to develop and launch a pipeline of new products that meet the needs of patients, payers and consumers.
Performance: We aim to achieve industry-leading growth by investing effectively in our business, developing our people and delivering flawlessly.
Trust: We commit to ensuring the quality, safety and reliable supply of our products; and to building trust through our approach to engagement, pricing, global health and being a modern employer.
The mandate of the Medical Information and Pharmacovigilance Associate Services (MIPV Associate) is to provide support to local medical information and pharmacovigilance activities for all marketed products and products in clinical trials including all Pharma and Vaccine products, Consumer Health products and ViiV Healthcare products.
We are searching for a motivated, resourceful and innovative team player to add value to Canada’s premier pharmaceutical company. If you are an energetic, career-minded professional with a passion for leadership, a focus on solutions, and a commitment to outstanding performance, we invite you to apply to join our team.
In this position you may perform the following activities:
- Maintain accurate storage and documentation of all MIPV activities
- Manage incoming information into MIPV department to ensure timely responses to internal colleagues and external customers
- Support the completion of Annual Safety Reports to meet Health Canada requirements.
- Support internal PV assessments and Regulatory inspections including assisting in readiness activities, compliance monitoring.
- Review approved clinical trial protocols for safety-related notifications
- Provide administrative support for training and governance projects.
- Assist the MIPV Lead as required with risk management activities.
- Assist in lifecycle management of MIPV Written Standards
- Supports appropriate management monitoring of Medical Information and Pharmacovigilance activities
- Supports fulfilment of requests for unapproved products (e.g. Health Canada Special Access Program (SAP) requests) according to GSK policies and procedures. Monitors the amount of SAP product supply locally.
- Collaborates with team members to maintain current and relevant departmental content on GSK’s Intranet sites
- Collects, extracts and analyzes MIPV performance metrics.
- Participates in ad hoc requests to support departmental or divisional activities.
- Collaborate with other members of the MIPV team to implement process improvement strategies
***Must be currently enrolled in a post graduate program***
- A health sciences background is preferred
- Bilingual (fluent in French & English) in spoken, written and comprehension is preferred
- Experience in compliance and pharma industry an asset
- Energy and passion to service our patients and healthcare professionals
- Strong computer literacy and computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing work requirements and new computer technologies (specifically local & global tracking & reporting databases)
- Quick learner with ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Well-developed communication skills including listening, summarizing, probing, clarifying
- Adaptive communication style with ability to influence and build relationships with others across Divisions.
- Diligent and detail-oriented with a proven ability to prioritize work and meet challenging deadlines.
- Creative problem-solving skills and sound judgment.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive work relationships with team members by:
o Actively supporting and contributing to the efforts of other team members.
o Promoting cooperation, collaboration and flexibility in working with others.
o Being able to work, negotiate and manage conflicts with other people with the aim of achieving a common goal.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness including taking initiative and following through.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
As a health and science-based organization, GSK is committed to following the recommendations as set out by Health Canada and taking all necessary steps to help curb the spread of COVID-19 which includes getting the COVID-19 vaccine. We feel strongly that this is the best way to help protect those we value most: our employees, families, communities and the patients and consumers we serve. To that end, we are taking an important step to ensure the safety of our employees during this global public health crisis.
Only employees who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may attend our Mississauga and Laval corporate offices. In addition, all customer-facing employees who, as part of their job, attend healthcare settings such as hospitals, pharmacies, doctors’ offices and dentists’ offices will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Notwithstanding the foregoing, employees may seek an accommodation for human rights-related reasons, including medical or disability-related conditions, or religious beliefs.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
See All 👉Other Jobs👈 in our Database